Settings Ref (New)
The role of the Settings Ref is to provide a sense of a consistent setting and gameworld on a ongoing basis beyond what can be and is done by GMs on one-shot and campaign arcs. In particular their focus is on the Kingdom of Exiles and the Barony Van Heusen, though GMs may wish to confer with the Settings Ref on relevant interactions between their plot areas and the Kingdom as a whole. The Settings Ref is a Character Ref Minion, and a member of the Character Refs team.
- Posting on the Non-Campaign IC board about setting actions.
- Deciding and enforcing IC consequences and Spiritual Influences.
- Offering a point of contact for higher ranking guild members where necessary IC and where no relevant GM NPC is availible.
- Liaising with GMs on games to determine setting impact.
- Ruling on IC legal disputes and consequences.
- Enforcing ongoing consequences on guilds or groups in political disrepute or distinction.
- Be the point of contact for GMs and players on what is canon in the setting.
- Maintaining setting information on the website